Monday, July 30, 2018

Raw Questions of Humanity

I woke up with some raw questions pulsing at my mind. Questions that step away from the normal Google inquiries we speak or type into our devices. Questions that Siri or Alexa or Cortana cannot answer.  Here are some of them:

WHAT IS ONE ASPECT OF YOUR CHILDHOOD YOU WISH YOU COULD RE-ADOPT?

WHAT DO YOU HOPE PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU BELIEVED?

WHAT IS ONE HABIT YOU REGRET HAVING?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING?


These are largely private questions. Though there is nothing wrong with sharing their answers, they are largely for private reflection. I'll offer my answer to the first question just as fuel for your thoughts:


This is a picture of the Supermoon, rising over Lake Michigan on New Year's Day of this year. I couldn't remember the last time I had stared at the moon for so long, but am sure it was when I was a kid. Every once in a while, my own kids will point out the moon or the stars, or the shape of a cloud, and reflect the wonder I remember having. Then I'll look at it and realize the wonder is still there.

But schedules, obligations, worries, and tasks often cut it short.

I wish I took more time to stare at the sky, just like when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment